Copyright and Designs

David Fyfield, Charles Russell











On 12 Nov 2013 I presented a webinar on the small claims track of the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court to the Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys. After giving the talk I was invited by Catherine Wolfe to apply to join ITMA which I did.  One of the advantages of ITMA learning about and attending interesting talks on intellectual property. One of those talks was David Fyfield's update of legislation and case law relating to copyright and designs which took place at Heatons' officers in Manchester

David is an associate in the IP department of Charles Russell. He read history at Oxford and was admitted as a solicitor in 2007.  He joined Charles Russell in 2011 and was instructed in Molnlycke Heakth Care;s claims against Wake Forest University and Brightwake (Molnlycke Health Care AB v Wake Forest University and Another [2009] EWHC 2204 (Pat) (28 Aug 2009) and Molnlycke Health Care v Brightwake [2012] EWCA Civ 602 (24 April 2012)).

Heatons describes itself as a "boutique corporate and commercial law firm prepared to challenge convention and able to direct the action" .   Its IP partner is Bill Lister whom I first met at Pannone well over 20 years ago. The firm laid on quite a tolerable spread for us though I was unable to do full justice to it having arrived just before the presentation.

In his talk David discussed
I am sure that David will be pleased to discuss those cases and legislation with you if you contact him and I should be happy to talk about them too. Should you require further information do not hesitate to call me on 0161 850 0080 during normal office hours or through my contact form. You can also tweet, write on my wall or send me a message through G+, Linkedin or Xing.

Comments